I haven't blogged about Shawna's birthday yet, I'm in denial...
My baby is now 13!!!!!!!
We were in Elko for her big day and we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant there, La Fiesta. We told our waiter it was Shawna's bday so she had to wear a sombero while they sang Happy Birthday in Spanish and then we all joined in and sang it again in English. It was fun and she got a delicious fried ice cream which she shared.
Now that my big girl doesn't have any baby teeth the dentist suggested braces to straighten her adorable smile. The one request she had before she got her braces was to head to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a carmel apple. I forgot to snap a pic of the delicious apple before we devoured it, but here's Shawna posing while I snap 1 last shot before we threw the core away. Thanks to everyone who recommended the Apple Pie Apple, if you haven't had one you HAVE to try it! Pure heaven!!
She was so excited but now that they're on I'm sure she's wishing the 2 year timeframe was over! Her teeth hurt and she's having a hard time eating but that should only last a few days, then she'll be used to them. She sure is cute with them braces!
We are so blessed to have Shawna in our family, she's such a sweet and caring young lady and we wouldn't be complete without her! We love you baby!
3 comments:
Your baby is 13 and my oldest is 13. My baby is 6. How funny is that.
she is so cute. 13! Holy cow, does that make you old or just experienced?!?! :)
Yay for braces!! I'm so glad she's positive about getting them! And she looks adorable (of course)
Post a Comment