Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lake Powell Pics!

Annie decided she was going to turn brain dead and become a teenager on this trip! She gave attitude to go with her new brain deadiness but I think she's growing out of it quickly!
(I hope so anyway! I like my sweet girl not this bratty teenage stuff!)

Sisters having fun in the water!
Our Fabulous camping spot in Face Canyon!

While this looks like the end, it actually winds around up ahead and keeps going for a long time! This is another spot where the water is really deep and the canyon walls are way above our heads! It freaked me out, especially when Darrell and I actually high centered the wave runner in a spot like this and I thought I'd have to try and swim for it! Luckily we did get loose and neither of us took a swim in here!

Eddie and Riley on the wave runner. We took rides through the canyon, at some points the water is hundreds of feet deep, the canyon walls rise hundreds of feet above and there's barely enough room to squeeze the wave runners through! It's completely amazing and so breathtakingly beautiful the words and pictures don't really describe it!

Crevassing in Face Canyon, everyone went except me, Lana and Annie. Even the dogs tried to join in but there were some spots they couldn't climb to so they stayed behind and whined like big babies! We even heard them back at camp!

More crevassing!

Shawna the fisherman (and the dogs wishing they were!)
Darrell driving the house boat to Face Canyon, we were hurrying to get to our spot before dark since it's pretty dangerous to be on the lake when you can't see!
Amanda and Shawna on the wave runner in Navajo Canyon, yes they're wearing sweatshirts because it was a little chilly that morning! But by the afternoon we peeled off our extra layers and really enjoyed the water fun!

Darrell and Eddie trying to figure out where the "stairs" and arches are in Navajo Canyon. We never did find what we were looking for, but the ride was nice and the scenery GORGEOUS!

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

Those are great pictures. Glad you had fun!