Monday, January 26, 2009

OUCH!!

We had Annie's after surgery check up today, 2 weeks has flown by! They removed the splint and took a good look at her "wound" it's healing nicely! Below is "the wound" as they call it at the doctors office, I think that makes it sound like she was in some kind of war battle!


On the other side of her ankle there's a really small little "wound" that had a stitch or 2 in it, not sure if that was for the surgery or to release the tension on her skin due to swelling (the nurse didn't know and we didn't ask the doctor) She now has a pretty neon pink cast (thank you Peter for breaking your arm last week and picking the neon green, Annie couldn't be a copy cat so she went with the pink which I like better for a girl anyway!) She's still using her scooter for 2 weeks, then it'll be a lovely walking shoe over her cast for 2 weeks and then hopefully we'll be done with whole mess! Overall it's an experience I hope to never repeat!

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

I have to say, that's gross. It looks a lot like Dale's scar. Glad to hear she's doing well.