Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Eve

We went to Bryan and Kiersti's to ring in the New Year and the Olsens had this fabulous idea to have Raclette! It was to DIE for! They grilled up some chicken, steak and Keilbsa sausage, Bryan boiled about 500 lbs of potatoes (needless to say there were leftovers there) and there was also some bread. While the meat is grilling on the top layer of the grill you put cheese slices (whatever kind you want, we had gouda and some other yummy kind I can't remember the name of) in the little pan below, it melts and then you dish up your meat, potatoes and other yummies and dump the cheese on top! What a wonderfully heavenly meal it is!! (much better then pizza! LOL!!)

This is a raclette grill, available at Target.com! I'm gonna get one!

The other fabulous idea was playing RockBand, which I have never done before (and still have not ventured to that arena!) My favorite was Erik singing a high soprano (if you can call it that!) but also Lo singing was way cute too. I have video but I'm afraid Erik would kill me, instead here's Annie's venture on the drums (she waited until we all started playing another game before she dared jump on!)

I'm glad we have such wonderful friends and family to hang out with! Thanks guys for such a fun New Years Eve!

1 comment:

Jennie-O said...

post the video!!! post the video!!! I would die to see that! I'm so glad you enjoyed the raclette - we love doing it too :)