Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Creepy Nighttime Visit...

This is mostly for Kiersti because she's funny about her kids coming in her room at night hence the title Creepy Nighttime Visit!

Set up: Middle of the night, house is dark, everyone is asleep (including the dog who insists on snuggling right up to me under the covers) my bedroom door slowly creaks open and I hear a quiet "Mom"

Shawna: "Mom..."
Me: "what do you need honey"
Shawna standing at the foot of my bed: "You know when you get that thing and you know, I can't remember what it's called, but I don't want to go back to bed"
Me: "Shawna what are you talking about it's the middle of the night you have to go back to bed you can't stay up"
Shawna now at the side of my bed: "I know, but do you know that thing with rotations? I can't remember what it's called but I don't want to do that thing with rotations!"
Me sitting up now and getting frustrated and confused: "Are you awake?!?!?!"
Shawna: "YES"
Darrell barely rolling over to look at us: "Shhhhh I'm sleeping"
Me: "Are you talking about school rotations?"
Shawna: "Yes I don't want to go to school"
Me: "Too bad, let's get you back in bed"

Time to wake up...

Me: "Shawna, what were you talking about in my room in the middle of the night?"
Shawna: "I didn't go in your room!"

GO FIGURE! EITHER I WAS HAVING THE MOST WEIRD AND REALISTIC DREAM EVER OR MY KID IS A CREEPY SLEEPWALKER!!!!

4 comments:

Susan Byers said...

That's funny!

Jennie-O said...

so funny - is this what i have to look forward to? Yikes.

jessica said...

i agree with kiersti! children should stay in their beds. i was tending my niece once and she got out of bed in the biddle of the night & creeped upstairs (where we were watching a movie) and stood in the hall in her WHITE FLOWY NIGHTGOWN until we noticed her & she looked just like a ghost, standing there all motionless & silent.

i screamed when i saw her. yes. screamed.

little kids are scary.

and thanks for the encouragment about the innapropriate picture but it is WAY too naughty to post. like naughty enought that i can guarantee you don't want me even writing what about it on your blog. you won't want that word here. but, i emailed the pic to kierst, so next time you're over there...feel free to take a gander!

Unknown said...

I'm going with creepy sleep walker!! I will email you the inappropriate picture that Jess is mentioning - hilarious!