Last night on our walk Shawna announced that she has some goals. First she'd like to run in marathons. For anyone who knows me, you know I do not see any reason what-so-ever that gets people in these crazy marathons where they run and run and run event after event. I figure it must be some sort of sick drug-like stupor that has them doing this type of activity! However, if you know me you also know there is nothing I won't do to support my kiddies so... I think I've talked her down to a 10k! I've printed off our "schedule for training" from the internet AND in just a short 8 weeks we should be able to run a 10K, but I'm hoping Shawna will train with me for a year and we can start doing this next spring!! The other goal she has is that she someday wants to run the border of UTAH! She assures me that she doesn't want to sleep under the stars or go w/o a bath the entire time she's doing the border, she'll make sure to eat in resturaunts and sleep in hotels so she'll be clean and refreshed each day she heads out, but she wants to run the entire border of Utah! I don't know where she's getting this type of ambition from, but I think when she decides to do the border run, I'll drive her luggage! LOL!!
WISH US LUCK! And if anyone is an experienced runner and has advise for us PLEASE PLEASE SHARE! We're obviously not runners... YET!
3 comments:
Wow! I'm so impressed! Maybe I can leave the kiddos with my mom and join you guys for a run sometime!!!
Atta girls!!! I think that's a fabulous goal! Where did she get this idea about running the Utah border? What???? Dream big, Shawna, there's no reason that you can't do it!
Congrats on the running goal! Good luck! My sister ran a marathon last fall and she found a great training program online. I will ask her what it is and let you know.
Post a Comment