Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NO ICE!

With all the snow and ice I've been pretty worried about slipage, so yesterday I went outside and snowblowed like crazy. I had Shawna out there helping by getting icemelt on our sidewalks and front steps. However, this morning our darling little Annie headed out to school and, you guessed it, slipped on the front step in the only place Shawna couldn't icemelt because we ran out using it eveywhere else. She immediately called my cell phone to let me know she'd fallen and could not get up! I quickly pulled on some pants (as I was still cozy in bed with only jammies on!) and ran down to help her up. She had a nice sized ball like thing growing out of the side of her foot (Huge and grotesquely swollen!) so I decided at 8am I'd call the doctor as soon as they opened. We got her in early, had the x-rays done and found that indeed she has broken her ankle (through the joint and growth plate!) So come Monday we'll be off to the Occupational Surgeon to have him take a look and let us know what we need to do (although our doctor said surgery is in our future!) Poor Annie! At least she has a high tolerance for pain!
Here she is modeling her fabulous boot (only used to stablize, she cannot put any pressure on her leg!) and modeling the beautiful crutches we rented from Smiths!
(Thank goodness I'll get my money back upon returning them!)
Poor Annie! Get well soon baby! I love you!

4 comments:

Susan Byers said...

tell Annie I'm sorry that happened to her!

The Fauxes said...

Oh man! Tell Annie she shouldn't be so clumsy. Just kidding. That totally stinks - tell her to milk it for all it's worth!

Jennie-O said...

Sad! I'm so sorry, wish Annie the best from T and me.

Kiersti said...

Oh no!!!! I feel so bad for you,
Annie!! I hope you heal quickly! Love you!