Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Crockpot Breakfast

As I mentioned previously we had a really good Crockpot Breakfast at the Girl Scout Minicamp and here's the recipe...

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

32 oz of frozen Southern style hash browns
1/2 lb breakfast sausage and/or bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
18 eggs
red pepper or your fav diced veggies
1 C milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard

Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with diced red pepper/veggies. Cook sausage and if using, bacon until crisp then crumble on top of veggies. Top with cheese. Whisk eggs and seasonings together and pour evenly over the hash/veggies/meat layers. Cook on low 10-12 hours.

I'm trying an all meat version with regular hash browns tonight for tomorrow mornings breakfast, I'll let you know how it works and try to take pics if I remember! Good Luck and let me know what you think and what other versions you try!

5 comments:

Kiersti said...

I'm needing a time when I'm going to have people over in the morning so I can cook this - it sounds fabulous! I guess if when we go camping and we're somewhere with hookups it could be do-able!

jessica said...

awesome! thank you! i am definitely going to try this. we have friends over on sunday morning for breakfast sometimes this would let me sleep in rather than get up & start cooking!

The Byers Family said...

The all meat version w/ regular hashbrowns was ok but I personally missed the yummy veggies! It would be really good with peppers, onions and mushrooms! But I also thought asparagus might be tasty too! AND I didn't cook it for a full 10 hours, more like 8 on low but I also only used 12 eggs instead of 18 and 1/2 the hashbrowns!!

jennybrum said...

Yum. That makes the breakfast I just ate so much more unappealing. Can't wait to try it!

Susan Byers said...

I want to try this. 18 eggs sounds like a ton!