Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm done with SCHOOL, aren't I?

I thought when I graduated with school that was it, I was done! NO WAY!! Now I have to help with homework (things I long ago forgot, which means I have to read the textbooks AGAIN!) The latest was a wonderful idea Shawna's teacher had to help them learn about the Middle Ages and Medieval Times (the sarcasm isn't quite coming through!), they had to pick from doing a report, 3-D project or poster board with pictures. All 3 things kind of required the report and of course we couldn't go easy! Here's Shawna's FABULOUS 3-D paper castle!

And while Shawna did this project herself I still had to help with supplies, find ideas, supervise the construction and cheer her on when it took longer then she thought it should. I also helped find websites she could gather info for her report and "parts of a castle" paper. Overall Shawna did an AWESOME job with this project! I just wish the teachers would come up with less complicated homework projects!

2 comments:

The Fauxes said...

damn teachers

Susan Byers said...

I agree with you 100%!!!! Dale stayed up until 12:30 last night helping Jadon with a student treasures book. It was worth it though because it's about Gladys. Shawna's castle looks awesome!