Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fresh Garden Veggies Anyone?

Early Spring arrives and I'm all excited! I can't wait to till the garden and plant our pea seeds! I start planning what else we'll plant and I watch, anxiously waiting for those little baby plants to peek up through the dirt so I can welcome them to the world!

A few weeks later it's warm enough to shop for tomato plants, pepper plants, zuchinni, watermelon, and the many other fabulous things I think we'll plant. I go crazy weeding and planting for a whole day and I watch for the buds that will indicate fruits and veggies soon on the way!

Early Summer arrives, I carefully glance at the garden and try to see past the weeds. I search for the baby watermelon and count how many we have, I rush in to tell Annie (since these are hers) and we celebrate a little. I occasionally water, harvest the zuchinni and tomatoes and a few peppers, but mostly I wonder "WHY WHY WHY didn't I insist on a pool this year instead of the damn garden!?!?"

It's the same every year! At this time I absolutely loath the garden, I hate harvesting, I hate watering, I hate weeding, AND I especially hate that I go through this phase every stinking year!

On a brighter note... If anyone wants tomatoes, I've planted 6 plants, some cherry, some cute yellow bell looking things, some early girls and some beef eaters (we don't even like tomatoes, but I make a mean fresh salsa!) If anyone wants peppers I have anaheim chilles, jalepenos, banana peppers, serrano peppers and bell peppers. If anyone wants zuchinni I have it! And in a few weeks we'll have watermelon too! Just let me know when you'll be stopping by to pick them up!

And here's some fun pics...


2 comments:

Susan Byers said...

That is a funny post. I laughed. Good job on the garden.

Jennie-O said...

thank you for sharing your wonderful abundance with us! We love tomatoes and we'll have to come over to get some more. M eats them like candy!