With Annie having a boyfriend I am a basket case! She's barely 13 years old, her text messages to him refer to "Handsome" or "Prince Charming" and they always have "I love you" or "I love you soooo much" or "I miss you!" Am I going crazy?!?! I don't think I had a boyfriend at this age that I talked to let alone wrote love you messages! AND the cutesy name thing is killing me! I'm soooo thankful that he moved to Virginia but I wonder what kind of closure is this going to leave her with when they "break up"? And then I look back on my experiences and think I wasn't much older then she is when I met Darrell (I keep telling myself I was WAY older, but almost 16 is less then 3 years older then she is now!) MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP WAY TOO FAST!!! And they think I'm lame! What happened to those sweet little girls that adored me and didn't want anything more then to spend time with me and Darrell? When did they stop believing that boys were bad? And what happened to our family rule, NO BOYFRIENDS UNTIL YOU'RE 30?!?!? I can't deal with boyfriends, this is going to kill me!

I miss the days when all she wanted to do was love on Pooh!

The first day of school! Precious!!

And the days when it was hard to whistle! (Shawna doesn't have a boyfriend yet, thank goodness!)
I'm stil trying to pound into this ones head that boys are bad!
7 comments:
ah...i didn't know annie had a BF. Don't freak. I had a boyfriend at 12 and turned out ok...right? And I met my hubby when I was 13 - or should I not have said that? :) She's a smart gal and will make good decisions. You've taught her well so you don't have anything to worry about.
it's so hard to see them grow up. I love seeing the pictures of them when they were little. Those were the days that they loved seeing me and would run right over and hug me. I miss those days too!
I need to stop reading your blog. It freaks me out for when Kierra is a teenager. I'm not sure Jadon will ever like girls so I'm not so worried about him. Good luck with the boyfriend thing. Ugggg
Now that we know what you think of Annie having a boyfriend, I want to know what Darrell thinks.....
I miss those little girls, too! Next time I come over I'm going to make them run & give me hugs and then make them do "open your doors please Kiersti dearest and I'll love you forever and ever".
Yikes! Who knew you were going to have a little Kristen? And for the record, she DID NOT turn out ok!!! :) Ha ha. I just want Darcy to stay 5 forever. Good luck!
13 and already she's in love!? oh my goodness! i guess every generation just grows up faster & faster, because i didn't have my first boyfriend (or first kiss) until i was 16!
just tell her that boys are nothing but trouble! and how does darrell feel about his little angel all in love with prince charming? ;)
thanks for your awesome advice on my blog. you are way too cool. i will channel your bravery next time. ;)
Post a Comment